Thursday, January 14, 2010

Football, er, i mean, Basketball

We went to our first (and only!) Iowa Energy game of the season with the whole family. A little more trouble than it was worth. Last year Bennett sat through the first quarter. This year he barely sat at all until we got some popcorn in the second half. Thankfully they have a bounce house there so he had a lot of fun in there. And thankfully I don't care a lick about watching the game so I just walked around with him most of the time! :) At some point during the game, Bennett said, "I can't wait to play football!". I thought for a minute and said, "You mean basketball?" He said, "Oh yeah. I can't wait to play basketball!" I didn't know what he was talking about. I asked him, "Where are you going to play basketball?" He pointed out onto the court and said, "right there!". All those times we told him we were going to a basketball game, I guess he thought he was going to get to play, not just watch. Maybe someday, Bennett. Maybe someday!
(my photography skills were definitely not on point that night...I didn't get any good pics. And we all three had our Energy shirts on too! Oh well)
Checking out Surge, the mascot.
He watched the Jumbotron more than the court. It was funny realizing he had no clue that what was on the screen was the same thing right in front of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.