Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cardboard city


The only good part about boxes: Bennett uses them as his personal playground.




I realized its been almost a week since "Moving-Part 1". That's a little depressing since our house is still in complete shambles. We're definitely living amidst a mess (and a completely non-Bennett proof one at that. I've told him, "no, that's not for you" about a thousand times. This is so unfair for him). My only excuse is that Jon left before the crack of dawn Thursday morning with some of his friends to watch NCAA games in Kansas City and won't be back til late tonight. And the days leading up to that, he was still making trips back and forth to our old house to clear all the remaining crippity out of there, so up til now, I've been on my own as far as the unpacking/organizing goes.

Besides all that boring stuff, we had a few fun happenings in our extended families this week. Jon's youngest brother, Aaron, proposed to his girlfriend Bria on Wednesday. Bria has already become a part of the family and we were thrilled for their engagement. I was honored enough to get to go wedding dress shopping with Bria on Thursday. Bennett was going to be at Judie's all day anyway for me to get stuff done at the house but there was no way I was passing up the chance to take my future sister-in-law wedding dress shopping. I have the rest of my life to get settled in this house but this was a once-in-a-lifetime event! We had tons of fun. Now hopefully I can find a maternity bridesmaids dress to wear when I'm 9 mos. pregnant...yikes.
Also, my sister Bethany found out she's having another girl. I absolutely love when people are able to find out the sex of the baby. It makes it all so much more real and its fun to start imagining what this little girl will look like. Jon and I have our ultrasound on April 16th. I can't wait.
Ok, I need to utilize the next two hours of Bennett's naptime and get some more stuff done!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Look at him being a big boy into everything! TOO freaking cute!!!

    I didn't mind unpacking when we moved. I always thought it was fun to find new places for our stuff...especially with Madeline running around when she was 22 months old and being 4 months pregnant! I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.