Saturday, March 2, 2013

pink & gray(son)

I thought I'd share some photos from my niece's birthday party we did a few weeks ago, since I so rarely get to post anything pink and frilly on here. My sister-in-law was due to have her baby boy the week after my niece's birthday so she asked me and our mother-in-law, Judie, to help her out with it. Judie found all this ballet themed party stuff at TJ Maxx so that was a perfect fit for Kietlyn. It's all pretty simple but was still sweet and special. Our sister-in-law, Kayla, is the cupcake queen in our family so she made these:
Judie made these leotards for the straws, cut out of cardstock and cupcake liners for the tutu:
I found these paper ballerinas on Pinterest. (I didn't have access to a printer that day and freehanded the stencil so mine aren't quite as dainty looking.) Instead of cutting out "snowflake" skirts, we just used paper doilies (a heckuva lot quicker and nearly as cute, in my opinion.) Judie hung them from the chandelier but I think they'd be just as cute strung together into a banner across a doorway:

Goodie bags:
Judie set up a photo booth for the girls. The birthday girl, who holds the sole role of princess on the Colyer side so far, out of 8 grandchildren:

Judie even borrowed a photo printer to send them home with a self-portrait:
They did an adorable craft where they decorated the leotard and then we dipped their hands in paint and layered lots of upside down handprints on the bottom half to make the tutu. (Similar here.) Sad I forgot to get a picture of the finished product but we had our hands full of paint:
Sweet girl. Her older brother was feeling extremely left out and kept sneaking upstairs, asking Nana if she had any jobs for him :) 

And just six days later her baby brother, Grayson John, entered the world. Josh and Jenise asked me to take photos of him in the hospital and I was honored to do it:


 
Love this family and so thankful they've given my boys so many cousins to play with ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.