Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter

We had a great morning at church on Easter Sunday. It was actually Bennett's first time singing up front in church, so of course I got all choked up seeing him up there, belting out a song. I was just thinking, I hope he's never ashamed to shout out praises to God! It was so sweet and he made us proud. After the service they had chicks, ducklings and lambs for the kids to hold and pet! I'm such a sucker for baby animals, I was just as excited as they were.






(photo credit for previous three: Rachel Bentzinger)


After church we let the boys open their Easter baskets from us. Here they are waiting for them with their eyes "closed":


I love these next two :)






Then off to the Colyers for lunch and an Easter egg hunt. It was really weird without my parents there but we got to Skype with them that night. I brought creamy mashed potatoes and Jon was helping me with them the night before. He couldn't believe it when I told him I'd never made mashed potatoes before. Now that my mom's gone, I have to contribute more to these family dinners than a pitcher of sweet tea and a dessert!!

And they're off:


Dawson would stop at every egg and open it and dump the contents into his basket. I guess he was more concerned with quality than quantity.

Captain America joined us after lunch.

Sweet boy's first Easter!

Family picture attempt. I know the blond hair is deceiving but Dawson's half Asian.



I'm so thankful to be the mom of these three little boys!

1 comment:

  1. And the potatoes were DEE-licious. Darling pics!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.