Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Suzie Homemaker

Jon's been at his new job a little over a week, and I have to say- I'm loving the change this has brought in our house. Its so funny, talking to a lot of women about the switch from having him home a lot without a predictable schedule, to having him out of the house most of the day, everyone's response is, "Its nice when my husband has a long vacation from work but I love getting back to 'normal'. I can't imagine having him home all the time!" Here I seriously thought I had the advantage with his schedule all these years. Of course there are a lot of pros and cons to both, but I feel so much more in control of my household these days.
Seriously, for the first time in several years, I just feel more calm, cool and collected. Today, for instance, I'm enjoying a cup of tea during Dawson's nap (and Bennett's movie hour. Yes I let him watch a movie the whole time Dawson's napping. And yes, its totally worth whatever brain cells are turning to mush). The kitchen is clean and I have dinner prepped and the chicken in the crock pot. I hardly ever cooked before because his schedule was so unpredictable, he was rarely home for dinner. I have so much more motivation to have the house clean for Jon when he gets home too. There was just something about him coming in and out of the house all day that threw me off and I didn't even realize it. I also love that he's much more engaged with the family when he comes home. The nightly wrestling matches are becoming quite intense.
And as far as Jon's concerned, he's liking the job. Its something that comes very easy and natural to him and I know he's going to excel at it.

2 comments:

  1. I can COMPLETELY relate!! Richard's schedule is so back and forth that i know every pro and con and it's always an adjustment. but my favorite is when he's gone for the day, and comes home for dinner. maybe that's just how we are wired. hooray for change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! that's so good to hear! i DID notice how clean your house was today (and obviously the dinner)! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.