Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Confessions of a 2 year old

This evening Bennett and I got home from Wal-Mart. He was playing inside and I was out in the garage grabbing a bunch of stuff from the car. I came back in several minutes later and Bennett's standing right by the back door waiting for me. Literally the second I saw his face I knew he was up to no good. He's standing there with his hands at his side and in his most serious voice he says, "I made a big mess of cereal". I told him to show me and sure enough, there was a box of Cheerios he'd dumped out. I just wish I could have captured that whole scene on tape. The guilt was written all over his face, it just made me smile. At least he's honest!!

This is him, shoving them in as quickly as possible while I'm trying to clean them up:


And this is his adorable face a little while later. Could you get mad at this??

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!! It's so hard to be mad when you hear, "uh-oh, oops, or sorry." I just want to laugh. today Ethan unrolled an entire roll of brent's trace paper for work...ummm...so NOT an accident. He said he was pretending to be a pirate...huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. how sweet...I don't know how you punish that kid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man, so cute. i can just picture him, all guilt-ridden!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.