Here are my favorite things about sitting in the car for hours on end:
- I don't have to do a darn thing, except sit. I'm not one of those stir-crazy women who can't relax until every last dish is done (to my husband's dismay). I love to just sit--and I won't have the slightest guilt that I really should be doing those dishes, or laundry, or cleaning the bathroom...
- And during all that sitting, I get to read as much as my heart desires! My favorite thing to do in the world. It would be perfection if I were sitting on a boat in some body of water somewhere rather than in a van on a highway, but hey, I'll take it.
- I can actually take a nap!
- My boys will be contained. I won't have to check on them every 3 minutes (or less, depending on the noise, or lack thereof).
- My boys will be content (I'm really crossing my fingers on this one!). Bennett gets to watch as many movies as he wants-- his dream come true. And Dawson's still young enough to be lulled to la la land in his car seat.
- The ultimate excuse not to cook. I'm pretty good about getting around that one at home anyway, but again...no guilt involved this time!
We'll see if I'm still this optimistic after two full days in our van! Ok...enough with the procrastinating. I need to go finish packing!