Thursday, October 22, 2009

Baking with my little tornado

It was a cold and rainy day today so I decided to make some oatmeal blueberry muffins with Bennett since I didn't want to leave the house. He loves to pull a chair up to the stove and "cook" with an empty bowl and spoons so I decided to try the real thing with him. But once we started dumping ingredients in, he couldn't keep his hands out of the bowl and from grabbing everything in sight to dump in the bowl too so I had to give him his own little bowl to cook in. Of course in keeping with his habit he's had since birth of putting anything and everything in his mouth, he just started eating the dry oats, even after he dumped some salt in pepper in there.



Bennett with his stack of "ingredients"



He loved putting the muffin cups in the pan



Checking out the progress

It was fun but I guarantee I won't be doing any more real cooking with Bennett for another 6 months :) I'll leave that up to his braver and less neurotic Nana.

5 comments:

  1. You are a brave soul...I still don't like to cook or bake with my kids! Lol! I am sure he had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana is only braver because she's experienced it 4 times over and lived through it! Haverlee you are giving him great experiences that make him the cool and brilliant kid he is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! save one for me!

    p.s. "salt IN pepper"?
    like spinach in your teeth--i knew you'd wanna know.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha...love it...Ethan is 3 1/2 and it's still difficult to cook with him...he's a grabber and dumper so if I don't catch him quickly the recipe isn't quite the same. it's all about the memories right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Layla has been doing that with me since 1 1/2 and the benefit of that....she can make a box of brownies by herself, egg cracking and all! I just started with Cooper.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.