Friday, April 3, 2009

The Verdict

Turns out our poor little guy has Rotavirus. Don't ask me exactly what it is beyond a virus that attacks the gastrointestinal system. Bottom line: lots of vomiting and diarrhea that lasts between 7 and 12 days. Nothing to treat it with other than giving him lots of fluids and making sure he's not getting dehydrated. It definitely makes a lot more sense than just a flu bug, since his vomiting and diarrhea have been so sporadic- just once one day, then 4 times the next...but regardless, its been over a week already so we should definitely be seeing the end here very soon! I feel like its a miracle I haven't gotten it yet since I'm not exactly the most germ-conscious person! But I've definitely been washing my hands a lot and so far I've been spared.

1 comment:

  1. Oh ick! That's what we ALL had this past winter for 10+ days so watch out! I got it the worst of anyone and was miserable! I will pray that you guys will stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.