Monday, August 23, 2010

Ramblings

A couple things I'm excited about lately:
  • Preschool!! Bennett starts preschool next week and I'm giddy as a school girl (pun intended). I just loved school (up until about 8th grade when I got my first F on a history test and realized I would actually have to study for stuff...blech) and I cannot wait for Bennett to experience it. I know he's going to love it. Every time I've gotten some school papers in the mail for him, I get all excited. I have this weird love for filling out forms (pretty sure that classifies me as a nerd) and the fact that they're forms for Bennett's preschool is like birthday cake on Christmas. Its strange that his school years are starting. He's only going 2 days a week for 2 hours, so it'll be a perfect introduction. Before your kids are in school, there's no official start and end to summer. I always stretched it out in my mind for as long as I could wear flip-flops. But no more. It will be dictated by the school year. I seriously think it'll make this winter more bearable though, with preschool to keep it rolling along and fun. (Here's hoping, anyway).
  • Vacations on the horizon. We haven't been anywhere since January of 2009 and for us that feels like a long stretch. I live to travel and I hate when we don't have something planned in the next 6 months. We're taking a family trip to Florida in October (possibly without Dawson, possibly with friends. We'll see how it pans out). We'll use our timeshare and drive. Then we'll use our remaining airline miles sometime this winter to go somewhere in the Caribbean, just the two of us. This makes me very happy.
And in normal life news...excited to check out the new Wal-Mart this afternoon thats only about 6 minutes from our house. Apparently its practically the Neiman Marcus of Wal Marts. That's what I hear anyway. I wonder if they have Valet service...
Piper's here for the afternoon after my sister split her head open and required 3 staples!! Sheesh. 3 year olds aren't so great on pounding headaches. So Bennett and Piper are going to have a sleepover. Here are the many moods of those two:


And this is how I just found them:

Nothing like a post-swim naked romp in a sandbox. That's what i always say.

10 comments:

  1. Those are going to be some gritty buns! LOL! Loved this post! We're in the same boat with everything except va-ca on the horizon :( unless you consider a brief weekend in KC for Labor Day a va-ca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! happy to see my little girl's having fun! thanks for taking care of me. you AND jon! i'm so lucky to have you both. i could gush some more, but i should probably take a nap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear all about Bennett and preschool!! He will love it! Where is he going??

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like kissin' cousins to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't you just go to PA? Doesn't that count as a vacation?? :) If anyone needs a vacation it me! Take me, take me!!

    Nude in the sandbox...now that's a new one. Hopefully, they aren't copying something they have seen others doing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so adorable! I loved that Bennett called me this morning - i cannot wait to hear all about pre-school. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Haverlee, we're so much alike. I too love filling out forms (people make fun of me for this)! Hope Bennett loves preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How great it is that Bennett and Piper are so close in age and get to pretty much grow up together....I have a cousin (whos a boy)...we are in the same grade only six months apart and most of my childhood age2-9 pictures/memories he's in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I see where we rank..."We haven't been anywhere since January of 2009" ...and to think I so enjoyed our time at Dutch Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess a Tennessee roadtrip with two two-year-olds, two pregnant mommies, and two crazy dads also didn't make the vacation list! I think you need to redefine the word "vacation!"

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.