Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spring tease

I'm pretty sure its the most redundant thing ever to say, we are ready for warmer weather. I would venture to guess that's been typed 230,974,326 times by Midwesterners and Northerners in the last two months. So I will spare you my sentiments on this so called "spring season". And I try to keep the perspective that in January, I would have been celebrating 40 degrees. So let's just all be thankful for the day the Lord has made, whether it be warm and sunny (and inviting and lovely and cheery and fabulous) or cold and dreary.
We did have one glorious 70 degree day last week. What a mood booster that was! I took the littles out on a morning walk (after going back inside and changing from jeans to shorts. I can never believe it til I feel it.) Kind of made me want to shout from the rooftops. SHORTS, people! I'm in SHORTS! Halle-flippin-lujah.

I used to walk with Bennett as a baby all.the.time. Life was so easy then because whenever he was fussy, we just loaded up the stroller and went walking. I haven't walked nearly as much since he's gotten older and I've had two more kids. Its very difficult to take an enjoyable walk with all three. Dawson hates when Bennett runs or rides past him. Hates it. Screams at him and starts crying every time. I don't even know what to do other than to wait for him to outgrow it (or be able to beat him in a foot race). But just walking with Dawson and Channing right now is wonderful and so enjoyable. Dawson loves his scooter and Channing's still super happy just sitting and watching.
Busted out the flip-flops. Our toes were so happy:
I love accessories on kids. Hats, sunglasses...I guess that's the extent of it for boys. Unless you count superhero gear. Makes me smile.


I just love this little boy's imagination. He loves packing up his Gruffalo bag. I think there were lollipops in there along with the empty paper towel roll and probably a couple plastic animals. I should do a blog post of just him in all his crazy getups over the years: 
And one more from my phone. Happy feet:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.