Friday, June 12, 2015

Wanted to post some of my recent work. My first experience shooting a band, first headshots and first engagement session. Phew. It was all harder than I expected but I loved the challenge and stretching myself. I'm dying for a new camera because mine isn't keeping up with me anymore so I'll be saving up for one this year. And I've got a web site and branding on my radar too. It's high time I take the leap and become official (whatever the heck that means. I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable calling myself a photographer). My brain tells me to research and work on this stuff in my limited spare time but my body says, "Nah, we're good. Let's go watch Netflix." It's a losing battle.

This was a collaborative worship night and CD release with a few different local bands. I had to borrow a camera for this because I didn't trust mine in that unpredictable lighting. It was really hard to give that thing back at the end of the night. It was an honor to be asked to capture this evening and the music was fantastic.

I've known Allison for a long time and it was fun working with her. She's such a sweet, smart girl who's done far more traveling than I have in her life. She's always fascinating to listen to. I loved coaching her and helping her relax in front of the camera during the hour we shot.

How adorable is this couple? And the camera doesn't even show his charming British accent. Gosh, they were cute, but it was far more of a challenge than I expected. It's one thing to capture families having fun together. It's another thing to try to get people to act completely in love in front of a stranger holding a camera. And posing two people was harder than posing a group. I loved it but I'll be more prepared next time. Took a while to find a groove but I was happy with the results for my first try. I'm really starting to think about having a glass of wine with my clients before we start shooting. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.