Saturday, February 26, 2011

In a fog

I really don't have much to blog about right now but its been a little too long since my last post so I'm just going to throw one out there. Actually...that's not really true. Our life has been busy lately! But all the busyness has left me feeling like a fog has settled over my brain resulting in a lack of energy and creativity. Feel me?? Fogginess = bullet points. I don't have to think so hard to connect the dots.
  • I got a new position at work. I'm now head of the resource department. I used to just be an extra. A gopher. A fill-in. That meant I did all the work that the people with "real" jobs didn't have time for. This was fine with me. I didn't really have much responsibility and I really didn't have to use too many brain cells. Well, one gal quit recently so her job was divvied up between a few of us. I hadn't had any kind of job training since having kids and it was a much harder transition that I expected. "Mommy Brain" is a scientifically proven disability (no? surely there's some study proving this somewhere...) and it was hard to absorb so much new information. My brain fog was not doing me any favors. Mommies out there...have you had to turn your brain cells back on after letting them gather dust for so long? I mean, it really doesn't take that many brain cells to talk to a preschooler. Energy? Loads. Patience? An infinite amount. But brain cells? Be honest. Not that many. All those gears took a while to get moving again. But you know? It feels good.
  • God did a number on my heart at the conference my sister and I went to last weekend. Yes, the speakers were good. Yes, the music was good. But they didn't say anything life-changing. It was the voice of God that was life-changing. Its amazing how when our heart is open and ready to really hear what he has to say, we can hear him speak LOUD and CLEAR. And you know what he said to me? I LOVE YOU. It was all I needed to hear.
  • And on a much lighter and less spiritual note...our mom's group (the girls I walk through life with) had a sleepover last night! Need I say more?? It was a blast. Lots of junk food, the infamous bar in a box, the game Loaded Questions (not recommended for mixed company but hilarious with a group of girls) and staying up way too late giggling in the dark (really not helping the brain fog situation). We stayed at Bethany's in-law's B&B. So gorgeous and cozy and we ate the best breakfast since Christmas morning. Although I think I'm going to make my mom add Cheryl's stuffed french toast recipe to our Christmas morning form here on out. It was unbelievable. I'd stay at the B&B just for that!

I hate posts without pics, but there you have it. Hopefully the forecast says the fog will clear soon. (Yeah...obviously my sense of humor is being affected by the brain fog too). Vacation with my hubby in exactly one month. Pretty sure that'll be a cure-all. Wait, what? Mommy Brain has no cure? Shoot. Maybe someone should start a 5K fundraiser to start researching that one...

5 comments:

  1. Loved the second bullet point best of all! There is nothing better than having a fresh realization of His love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post!! I can totally relate to the fogginess- it's so good to hear that other women suffer from this too. And your girls sleep over sounds amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...mommy brain! When I went back to work at the hospital after not working for 6 years and had to absorb all that new information I had a headache after the first 3 or 4 hours of each shift and literally couldn't take in any more info for the first week. It was awful! BUT my brain rebounded and I was fine after that! YAY!!

    I am so happy/thrilled/excited for you that you had that love encounter at the conference. God is so good to us and He always knows exactly what we need!!! And an added bonus is that I love you too! HA HA!!

    Oh my!! What a fun night with a bunch of girls!! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally relate to the brain fog, mine is a result of leaky gut & an allergy to gluten/wheat. It is amazing how what you eat can really affect how your brain works.

    About hearing God's voice! YES!! I love those moments!! I am so blessed to hear your testimony.

    Good luck on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that a young woman, such as yourself, uses the word "gal". :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your email if you'd like a reply! Thanks for the love.